Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Music Man - Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of 2016 Technique Remix - May

May is flying by & it's time for my version of Tim Holtz's 12 tags of 2016 for May for class at The Craft Shack. I usually do the tag & then show a group how to do his techniques. Lisa at TCS has her own stash of Tim Holtz embellishments so we usually raid it. As the months go by, everyone is getting more comfortable & creative so they're going in their own direction while still following Tim's techniques. A few of the girls don't have blogs so look for their tags on The Craft Shack's facebook page. For May, Tim's remix was Tissue Tape Resist from August 2014 and Tattered Florals from May 2015.

I used a Ranger #10 tag which are a little larger than the size Tim uses.


I wasn't sure which stamps I wanted to use but as I was going through them I decided on the saxophone from Carved Instrament because my grandson plays the sax.

For the first technique, tissue tape resist, I placed the music tissue tape from Symphony on the tag & stamped the saxophone in Ranger Black Archival Ink.  The heart from Rockstar is stamped in the same ink over tissue tape from Sketchbook. I also used stamps from Urban Chic & in the archival Ink.

I then used modeling paste with 3 different layering stencils, Numbered, Speckled & Arrows & let it dry.

My grandson's favorite colors are bright blue & bright green so I went with Mermaid Lagoon & Twisted Citron. Of course I had to add a splash of Abandoned Coral. Once I dabbed the color on I sprayed it with a little water & blotted slightly with a paper towel. Notice how the tissue tape didn't absorb the ink & the Archival Ink didn't fade or smear because it's water proof! Once it was dry, I sprayed it with tarnished brass mica spray. I also used a distresser on the edges then inked it in frayed burlap.


The 2nd technique was making flowers with the Tattered Floral Dies. I die cut 3 roses & several leaves cut from Idea-olgy Yuletide 8x8 Paper. I then used Mermaid Lagoon on the roses & Twisted Citron on the leaves. They're hot glued to the tag.






I took a piece of burlap & tied it in the middle with a piece that had frayed off. then added using a loop pin . The mirror star was inked with mushroom alcohol ink. I decided to add a little more brass mica spray & I really like how it looks on the star (see previous photo).

The crinkle ribbon was inked with the Mermaid Lagoon & Twisted Citron then I tied a loose knot half way down.


TFL!

No comments:

Post a Comment