Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Friday, May 13, 2016

With Sympathy

I attended a recent event & was in 3 swaps.  This is my card for the sympathy swap & since I needed to make 20 I wanted something easy.  I was inspired by a card I had seen on Pinterest done by lostinpaper.

I used a very pretty background stamp called Leafy Vine by Hero Art & stamped it in Tim Holtz's bundled sage Distress Ink.  It was so easy to mass produce these cards using my Mini Misti!!  Just position once & stamp away.  The best part is if you don't get a good image the 1st time you can re-ink & stamp in the exact same place again!!



I stamped the sentiment from the"With Sympathy" set by JustRite in VersaFine Black Onyx.  VersaFine is my favorite ink because it is so crisp.





Then I centered 2 sizes of Spellbinders Large Rectangle Dies dies & held them in place using removable masking tape & ran them through my Big Shot.







Using Tombow Liquid Glue I placed the OUTER frame on the SU Wild Wasabi CS.  The liquid glue gives you a little time to shift it around if necessary.  Then WITHOUT adhering, I laid the next frame on the card stock.  Next I adhered the solid center using the liquid glue again.




I took the center frame out & put 1/2" foam tape on the back..









I peeled the tape off & put it back in place.  I love the dimension & the pattern stays in tact!









The butterfly is stamped in SU Wisteria Wonder Ink using a stamp from SU Papillon Potpourri then punched from the SU Bitty Butterfly Punch   I used a Micro Glue Dot to adhered it & added a small white pearl.


Easy card but doesn't look it!  TFL!

No comments:

Post a Comment