Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Saturday, November 5, 2016

Winter Cottage

My friends & I hosted our 2nd SCS event today.  This is my shoebox project which needed to take 5 - 10 minutes to complete.  I made 2 completed cards then 16 kits so each person completed my card during the event.
The cardstock used was SU Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler & 2 layers of Whisper White.  I used a very pretty stamp by Altenew called Winter Cottage with my Mini Misti so there would be no guessing where to stamp the image.  For a reference point, I lightly stamped the image on the 1st piece of white CS before die cutting with the next to largest snowflake die from SU's Festive Flurry Thinlit Set.  Once it was cut, I used the Sizzix Snowflake EF to embossed the snowflakes.  To stamp the 2nd piece of CS, I inked the entire image with a SU Crumb Cake ink pad.  Since the image is small I didn't try to wipe off the trees before inking them with the SU Mossy Meadow marker.  Once the image was stamped, I re-inked the stamp with markers to touch up the image where it didn't stamp well.  To pop up the snowflake layer, I used a lot of white 3d foam squares around the outside edges & cut edge of the snowflake.  "Joy" from SU's Wonderful Wreath Thinlit set was added using a glue pen.  I brushed Clear Wink of Stella over the snowy roof & ground for a little sparkle.   Really a pretty easy card with a classic look!  TFL!!


No comments:

Post a Comment