Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

April Flowers

This is my tag for The Craft Shack's April Technique Tag Tim Holtz Style Class.  We are re-visiting Tim's past techniques & this month we did distressed enamel from Day 7 of 12 Tags of Christmas 2007.

I did like the green Tim used, so following his instructions I smooshed Shabby Shutters over a #10 tag, then clear embossed before the ink dried.  Once cool, I went over it with Frayed Burlap.  I just love the enamel look.

Since the background was something "old", I decided to go with everything new for the image on the panel!  I stamped a flower from Tim's Illustrated Garden on another tag using Wilted Violet & Peeled Paint Oxides then clear embossed it.  After it cooled, I blended Frayed Burlap over top then stamped the sentiment from the Good Thoughts Set in Jet Black Archival Ink.  I cut it out then distressed the edges before matting it in black.  I added a photo corner then popped it up on the background.  Just love how the Oxides look!

To embellish, I used "4" from the Mini Numerals & since it was shiny I toned it down with Hickory Smoke Paint.  I also painted the Numbered Brad "17" (because yesterday was 4/17) so it would stand out on a piece of Thrift Shop Ephemera.  I added a Word Key & an ornate corner painted with Hickory Smoke too.  The butterfly was inked with Wilted Violet & spritzed with water.  The crinkle ribbon was inked with Wilted Violet & Peeled Paint.  When I made the fluffy bow I mixed jute string in to give it a little more interest.


No comments:

Post a Comment