Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Happy Birthday Cupcake!

I made 2 more birthday cards that light up for my friends Sally & Jeannette.  I've decided to make one for each of the Giggler's so by the end of the year I'll have made 16 of them (13 more to go!).  Even though I used a simple circuit I had a hard time wrapping my head around connecting the positive side to the battery.



I cut 2 pieces of CS & finished the card front.  I measured to determine where to place the light, marked the 2nd piece & stamped the candle.  I drew a diagram so I'd know where to put the copper tape & battery. I cut 1/8" off each side of the back CS so it wouldn't show when I put it together.  The copy paper at the right is for the battery.


I adhered the copier paper then placed the copper tape over my diagram leaving a gap where the light will go.







I placed the LED sticker over the copper tape making sure the positive & negative marks on the sticker touched the correct sides.  Using a glue dot I added the battery negative side down over the negative side of the copper tape.  There are 2 layers of dimensionals around the battery which are slightly higher than the battery & so the positive side of the copper tape doesn't touch the battery unless it's pressed.  The skin" of the top dimensionals were left on so it doesn't stick to the copy paper.



I then folded the copier paper over the battery to test the light before I finished putting it together.
I placed a dimensional strip around the outside & a few towards the top for stability before adding to the card front.














Here's the finished card.  I probably didn't need to but I stamp, colored & cut out the icing again so I could pop it up.

They are definitely fun to make.  Check out Chibitronics for more ideas on making these cards.

TFL!










SUPPLIES:  Chibitroncis-LED Stickers, copper tape; Cardstock-SU Pretty In Pine, SU Whisper White; Ink-Memento Tuxedo BlackVersaFine Onyx Black, Stamps-SU Sprinkles of Life, SU Perfectly Penned; Markers-Copics R81, R83, R85, G12, G14, Y06, Tombow Light Gray; Embossing Folder-SU Framed Tulip; Battery-Sony CR2032 Lithium 3V; Deminsionals-SU Strips, Scrapbook Adhesives Foam Squares.







No comments:

Post a Comment