Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Wicked Birthday

Last night the Giggler's celebrated Mary Ann's birthday.  Of course when you have a birthday in October chances are you love Halloween (& she does) plus she loves tags so I made this spooky guy & he lights.  
The background was done using Hickory Smoke, Stormy Sky, Wilted Violet & Peeled Paint Distress Ink on a #10 tag then spritzed with water.  The skull (on white CS), spider web, birthday sentiment & pumpkins were stamped in black Archival ink on another manila tag.  The pumpkins were colored with a detailer water brush using Dried Marigold, Carved Pumpkin & Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink then fussy cut & layered.  The skull was lightly inked with Hickory Smoke & fussy cut.  "Wicked" was done by coloring white embossing paste with a few drops from a Twisted Citron re-inker & applied over the stencil.  The words at the bottom are remnant rubs & the bats at the top are die cuts.  I also spattered black ink over everything before adding the spider which was attached with a piece of thread.    

The tag has 2 layers.  The bottom layers holds the copper tape, battery & LED light.  On the top layer, I cut a hole where the eye is & placed the skull over the light.  I also cut a hole in the top layer & placed a pumpkin over top (it's being pressed) so the battery could be changed.  The top & bottom are held together with two layers of foam tape.  The SU Wisteria Wonder ribbon was added last.

TIP:  My friend, Shannon suggested replacing one of the layers of foam tape with Velcro so the battery could be changed.  I think that's a great idea & next time I'll give that a try.

For details on how I make light up tags you can visit my blogl plus there are many YouTube Videos.

Thanks for looking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment