Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Ghostly Treats

Its time for my October tag Tim Holtz Style & Halloween is a given in October. Going back through Tim's old tags on his blog, I decided to use his technique, 12 tags of christmas-day 5 from 2008 which is a shabby chic paint resist.  The left tag is my decorated tag & the right is my technique tag which is stored in my idea-ology worn binder notebook for future reference.










I followed Tim's instructions by painting a #8 manila tag with black soot paint, smoothing it out with a sponge then letting it dry.

The images from classics 1classics 3 & classics 4 were stamped with embossing ink, sprinkled with clear embossing powder then embossed using a heat tool.

Cracked pistachio paint was smoothed over the black soot with a sponge & dried until tacky.  Using a damp cloth, some of the cracked pistachio was wiped off to create this cool shabby chic look.

Again I followed the steps outlined on Tim's blog (link above) using a #10 manila tag which was painted with black soot & twisted citron paint.  I stamped & clear embossed a large spider webscript and the trick or treaters.  I don't think the twisted citron is bright because I may not have gotten the black paint as dry as it needed to be.















I used the same technique on another tag using black soot & picket fence paint then popped up 3 die cut ghosts.  There's a small piece of black CS behind the eyes & mouth.












I painted these mini numerals with black soot then dabbed them with antique bronze paint.  I love how they turned out!  I also did this to a halloween token (photo below) that says trick or treat which is hung under the ribbon.



This is one of my favorite parts of the tag...an interactive spider!  I tied the spider at the middle of the black thread.  After making 2 holes in the tag, I put each end of the thread though them & tied the thread at the back, leaving a tail.  Since the spider is tied in the middle of the thread, all you do is pull the thread up & down on the back of the tag!  Cute, huh?














Instead of a ribbon I used tulle tied with 2 colors of twine.  Once it was in place I melted it with a heat gun!  It give it a really spooky look.  I then added the token using a loop pin.

Hope you enjoyed my Halloween tag...TFL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment