This was something I made for the gift exchange at our recent stamping event. Its a shadow box to save money in for future craft supplies.
I started with a white shadowbox that holds a 5 X 7 photo. My hubby used a Dremel tool to cut a slot in the top of the frame big enough to drop folded bills or coins through. I painted the inside of the slot with DecoArt Americana Snow White Paint.
After cleaning the acrylic pane with alcohol, I stamped "craft fund" on the outside using Sweet 'n Sassy's Rebecca Script Alpha Stamp Set in Tsukineko StazOn Jet Black Ink. These are clear lower case letters which are designed to be stamped individually but easily lined up & overlapped to look like cursive. If you're interested in making one, I've included a few tips at the end of this post.
For the inside, I stamped SU's Totally Tess holding her craft bag in Memento Black Tuxedo Black Ink then colored the images with Copic. There was too much blank area but I didn't want a lot of images so I stamped a border from SU's Chalk Lines in Elegant Eggplant & random speckles from SU's Gorgeous Grunge in SU Blushing Bride. This was mounted on the frame backer with 1" Scor-Tape. The frame had started to crack at one of the corners so I used Tape Ruban Washi Tape all the way around the frame which is pictured above.
Just a couple of stamping tips:
1) I started with "fund", stamping the "d" first. I used a lined acrylic block that fit down into the front of the frame. This allowed me to use the frame of the shadow box similar to a stamp platform/Misti. The "d" was positioned on the acrylic pane then the block was gently placed onto the stamp so it was in the lower right corner. I then continued stamping the other letters always placing the block in the lower right corner. I was even able to re-stamp the letter when it wasn't solid.
2} Next I stamped "craft" starting with the "c". Before stamping, the letters were placed on the acrylic pane to make sure they didn't over lap onto "fund" & to get a general idea where it should start. Then a rectangle mask was cut from from scrap paper to mask "fund" (make sure it's cut straight). By bumping the mask into the lower right corner it acts as a guild. I then placed the "c" on the acrylic pane & gently placed the block on the stamp, making sure the left side of the block was bumped against the left side of the frame. It's also helpful to have the block's horizontal line across the top of the mask. You may want to draw a line, trim the mask or move your letters up/down a little but be careful not to go down to far.
3. Make sure your stamping on the opposite end of the slot (don't ask why I mentioned this).
4. If you make a mistake or don't like what how it turns out, rubbing alcohol can be used to remove the ink (again, don't ask me why I mentioned this). The rubbing alcohol will even take ink off the frame.
Hope you enjoyed my project & thanks for visiting my blog!