Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Sunday, November 5, 2017

He's Hammered!

No, the chicken isn't drunk, he was pounded & the guy in the window is horrified!  I designed this recipe card for a class at The Craft Shack to demonstrate how to use an embossing diffuser & an easy way to line up punches.

I wanted to emboss the title panel but didn't want the words or chicken embossed so I used a diffuser.  The panel was arranged in the embossing folder & closed.  The rectangle diffuser was centered on the embossing folder so the title was at the bottom of the diffused area which left room at the top for the chicken to be stamped.  I used re-positionable tape to hold the EF & the diffuser together.  The diffuser replaces one of the plates so I placed it down which helped stop it from slipping.  So the sandwich  for the Big Shot was:  platform, diffuser, EF, cutting plate.  BTW I lightly inked the "wire" with pumice stone distress ink.

To make the window, I punched four 1" squares & used temporary adhesive to position them on a piece of  3" X 3" white CS leaving a 1/8" gap between each square.  I slid the CS into the punch so the 1" square was lined up in the opening at the back.  After all 4 squares were punched out I trimmed the sides to 1/8". 


The front of the card was so full that I put the directions on the back.  I love making these recipe cards, especially if I can put something a little snarky on them!  TTFL!!

SUPPLIES:  Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Embossing Diffuser 2;  Cuttlebug Chicken Wire Embossing FolderModa Scrap Wood Effect 6X6 Paper Pack; Art Impressions UMD1878  Flat Chicken; Judith & Heather H-70 Chicken; SU Basic Gray & Whisper White Cardstock; EK Tools 1" Square PunchMemento Tuxedo Black InkRanger Tim Holtz Pumice Stone Distress Ink; Copic YR04, YR14, R56, C1.

2 comments: