Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Saturday, November 3, 2012

HoHo...OhOh, CRBT


It's very unusal for me to do a 1 page layout but this is for 
Splitcoaststampers Digital Scrapbooking Day Celebration Challenge & who knows maybe I'll add the 2nd page later!  Although the day is for digi, all scrapbookers were welcomed.  This is not digi & I used supplies in my stash (YEAH) & it's not a kit.  Terri (SCS 3fries) designed the 1st challenge which was to do a CAS (Clean and Simple) LO using ONE photo (stacked if you like), no layers just a great background paper. You could use other papers to fill punches, & minimal stamps & embellishments! Use texting/chat or Twitter lingo in your title or journalling!  I just loved this pic of poor Zach so it was perfect for this LO.  I only had 1 pic so I copied it.  They didn't turn out very good but you only see the edge.  After I layered them, I didn't like how the layers looked at the bottom so I covered it up with my journaling panel.  In the upper left corner I added a holly brad. For the title I had two embellishments that said HoHoHo so I cut them apart & turned one upside down so it would say H0H0 OHOH then added the texting lingo CRBT (Crying Real Big Tears...perfect huh?).  It's hard to see but the HOHO came with a little bling on it.  I have to admit although I text I don't use lingo much & had to research it.  That was the hardest part of this challenge...LOL!  Thanks Terri for a fun challenge!!  

Supplies:  Paper - BoBunny 12th St Nick Holly Berry, SU Very Vanilla CS; Embellishments - EK Jolee's (HOHOHO), SimpliCraft sheet of sticker letters (CRBT), unknown brad. 

1 comment:

  1. Adorable! I love the "HOHO" & "OHOH" And thanks for the heads up on CRBT. The multiple pictures make it look like the picture in coming out at you. Great job Lou Ann.

    ReplyDelete