Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Saturday, November 10, 2012

America's Pastime

This layout is for the Splitcoaststampers Digital Scrapbooking Day Celebration Challenge which started last week.  The LO covers Challenge #4 & #6.  The deadline is tomorrow night, Nov 11th around 11pm so I have 2 more challenges to do before then.  These layouts will also count towards my November goal of 8 pages...now I only have 3 more so I should be done tomorrow too!
 



The left page is for Challenge #4 from Wendy B (SCS Wendella247) & was to use colors from our country's flag (some scrappers are from other countries).  We were also directed to Kristins Scrap Design for a free digi LO design from 2011.  I'm a traditional scrapper so I just followed the LO.  I didn't have any patriotic photos but since baseball is called America's pastime I decided to use that as my subject.  I found the background paper in my stash which tied into the patriotic, red, white & blue theme.  The white 8X8 center is matted in SU Brilliant Blue then stamped with matching blue stars then I sponged over it with SU Real Red.  I'm really not sure what to call the other image I stamped in Real Red.  I wrote the year on the jewelry tag & looped it over the baseball brad in the upper right of the photo.  There's a bat & ball sticker at the bottom right of the photo.  I was inspired by the title from Wendy's LO so when I stamped the title I alternated the colors & then cut them out.  

The right page is Challenge #6 & also from Wendy B (SCS Wendella247).  We were give an option to either use a design from a past challenge by Patti"s (SCS princessp1971) or Sally (SCS showmestamper).  Because of the # of photos, I decided to use Sally's challenge #38.  I wanted to co-ordinate this LO with challenge #4 (remember I'm a 2 page girl) so I matted the photos.  Sally used a torn piece across the center so I stamped & sponged it to matched the left page.   I have a lot of pictures printed & ready to go so it took me all week to decide which to use on which challenge.  Once I did it went pretty quickly & I'm so glad I'm using things from my stash!  I'm sorry the photos are so dark...I need to work on photography skills!
 
Supplies:  Paper - DCWV Summer Stack, SU Brilliant Blue, SU Whisper White; Stamps - SU Shooting Stars, SU Alphabet Attitude Upper, SU Alphabet Attitude Lower; Punch - SU Jewelry Tag; Ink - SU Brilliant Blue, SU Real Red; Embellishments - EK Jolee Baseball Stickers, Special Moments Brad, DMC floss, sponge.

No comments:

Post a Comment