Well as you can see I'm back to a two page layout. I'm like that potato chip commercial...bet you can't make just one...LOL. Well anyway, this is the 2nd challenge of 6 for Splitcoaststampers Digital Sscrapbooking Day Celebration. Again I'm a traditional scrapper but everyone was welcome. I have until 11:30pm next Sunday to complete the other 4. It was designed by Wendy B (SCS wendella247) & her challenge was to:
- Use at least two shaped photos (anything other than squares or rectangles). I used a lot of rectangle photos (12) but there are two in the upper right corner of the 2nd page that are shaped different. I used the Spellbinders Large Deckled Rectangles on all the photos but those two I turned them a little & ran them through the Cuttlebug again so they're no longer a rectangle! Challenge met!
- Use at least 2 background papers. My 1st background paper is a blue distressed Huckleberry Pond paper by The Paper Loft. The 2nd background paper is from The Paper Loft too & is from a pack of Hooked on Fishing. I placed a 2 1/2" strip at the bottom of each page so it appeared the fish were swimming in the water below the blue sky. Challenge met!
- Use some rickrack. I had rub-ons by Martha Stewart that were different colors of rickrack so I used the blue at the top of the fish paper to simulate waves. Challenge met!
- Use a title & at least one line of journaling. The title I used was from an accessory sheet titled Here Fishy, Fishy by The Paper Loft. I cut it in half & put it on both pages. I did a lot of journaling lines. Challenge met!
- Use 3 clusters of 3 or more items. This was the hardest part of the challenge. Cluster 1 was 3 fish cut from a left over piece of paper & hung on a stringer (a piece of DMC floss). Cluster 2 are 3 fishing hook eyelets from The Eyelet Outlet. Cluster 3 are 3 fishing lures stickers from EK Jolee. Not sure I like them but I couldn't come up with anything else. Challenge met!
The close up at the right shows the fish on the stringer. I also used a piece of twine net on each page the used dimensionals to put the title over top of it. I bought a large piece of this netting at the CKC in Lancaster this summer. Didn't have any idea what I was going to use it for but it looks like I found one!
Thanks for looking!
Supplies: Paper - The Paper Loft 's Huckleberry Pond, Hooked on Fishing & Here Fishy, Fishy accessory sheet; Dies - Spellbinders Nestabilities Large Deckled Rectangles; Accessories - Mon Ami Gabby netting, The Eyelet Outlet fishing hooks, EK Jolee stickers; Martha Stewart rub-on rickrack, DMC floss, glue dots & dimensisonals..