Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Lisa's Birthday Card


As the title says, this is Lisa's (SCS Runswithscissors) birthday card.  Lisa is the only NEPA Giggle who has a November birthday so she was the guest of honor at our Gigglefest tonight.  Another night of good food & lots of laughs!  Well onto the card.  The only thing that's not Stampin' Up is the inside sentiment which is shown below & is specificly for a November birthday.  It talks about orange, red & gold leaves so I had to go with the leaves on the front.  I decided on the oak leaves because I wanted to use the acorn.  They are from a 2 step set but I didn't have good luck with it so after stamping one of the steps, I cut them out then sponged the edges in a co-ordinating color.  Lisa said the sentiment is one of her favorites...how lucky is that!


This is the inside of the card...don't you just love the sentiment?  There are 12, one for each month.  I did do the 2 step for the acorn.  It's OK but I've got to practice on them.                                                                             Happy Birthday Lisa!! 

Supplies:  Cardstock - Early Expresso, Very Vanilla, DSP Autumn Traditions ; Stamps - SU Gently Falling, SU Perfectly Penned, "05 DRSU (November sentiment); Ribbon - SU Theater; SU Ink - Early Expresso, Soft Suede, Pumpkin Pie, Apricot Appeal, Riding Hood Red, Cherry Cobbler, More Mustard, So Saffron.   

No comments:

Post a Comment