Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Visit with Santa

I've decided to start to down size the photos I have displayed.  Since I only have one of my DGS's first visit with Santa, I wanted to do a layout with it so it was in his scrapbook before something happened to it.  I decided to play along with the Splitcoast Stampers Stash Busters January 2014 Week 1 Challenge. The object is to use everything from our current supplies. For week 1, we are to use 2 or more DSP that are 6 months or older, Washi Tape, Thickers, Letter Stickers or Diecut Letters/Title; Corner Punch or Corner Embellishment.  I was so surprised when everything just fell into place so quickly.  I had several sheets of this reversible DSP.  I had bought it on clearance after Christmas a few years ago.  I have to admit the Washi Tape is new to my stash but I didn't buy it special for this layout so it counts!  The title is something I've had for years & I wasn't even sure it would stick but it did.  The stars came with the title & I randomly placed them around the page.  The journaling card was square so I rounded the corners & added the Washi Tape at the bottom.  It was a fun layout to do...thanks for looking!

Supplies:  DSP - TPC Studio Holly Jolly All Wrapped Up; SU Riding Hood Red; SU Seasons of Style Washi Tape; K& Company Yuletide Words; Echo Park Co Journaling Card.

No comments:

Post a Comment