Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Saturday, October 17, 2015

Birthday Wishes for Tina

I'm just lovin' these quilt dies!  This card is for a friend, Tina, who happens to be one of the newest member of the Gigglers & she loves quilt cards.  This die set has 7 pieces & cuts very clean plus they're made in the USA.  I used the biggest die, which has a small scalloped border to cut the DSP then adhered it to my card base using liquid glue.  I've always been a tape runner fan but am gradually converting to liquid because it gives you a little time to move it if you don't get it lined up on the first try. For the other layer I used 2 dies together.  I laid the larger die, which has a pierced border, down first then I placed the die with the 6 quilt squares inside.  After making sure they were lined up, I taped them down so the border would be even.  I love using this tape because its removable but doesn't leave residue on my projects.  I cut the inside die again in a different color so I had a contrasting border around the quilt squares.  I glued the outside stitched border to the DSP first.  Then I glued the grid in the coordinating color down then the quilt squares. The pieces are inlaid so they fit together like a puzzle!   You can also use the center shapes for other projects.  To finish the card, I stamped a sentiment on white card stock & punched it out with a tiny tag punch then tied it on with baker's twine.  If you've never tired one of these cards you should...they are so easy & fun!

Thanks for looking!

Supplies:  Die-namics - Blueprints #20 Die by My Favorite Things (made in the USA), Tombow Liquid Glue, SU Pacific Point, Wild Wasabi & Whisper White; Sizzix Little Sizzles Watercolors DSP; SU Endless Birthday Wishes Stamp Set, SU Jewelry Tag Punch;  SU Baker's Twine.

No comments:

Post a Comment