Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Of Corpse I Wish You A Happy Birthday

This is a birthday card for my friend, Mary Ann who has an October birthday & of course loves Halloween!  I was inspired by a card called Happy Halloween on Sunday View's blog which has much for detail. The black card base is layered with an orange DSP.  The top layer was dry embossed then die cut using a small oval. Running it through the Big Shot the 2nd time flatten the embossed area a little but it still looks good.  I lightly sponged the top of the embossed area & around the embossed area with white ink.  The image in the oval is stamped on white card stock, sponged using a grey ink to give it an eerie look then glued to the back of the embossed panel.  There are black eyelets in each corner of the panel & laced with black jute.  I used sticky strip to adhere the panel to the DSP.  The die cut maple leaf is stamped, die cut then distressed with ink & crumpled up.  The leaf was then tucked behind the jute & embellished with a jute bow.

Thanks for looking!

Supplies:  SU Basic Black & Whisper White, Happy Haunting DSP; SU Holiday Frame Embossing Folder; SU Ovals Collection Framelits; SU Best of Halloween Stamp; SU Black Twine; SU Vintage Leaves; SU White & Pumpkin Pie Ink; VersaFine Black Ink; Tim Holtz Distressed Hickory Smoke; American Craft Black Eyelets; Scor-Tape 1/4" Sticky Strip; Tombow Liquid Glue.

No comments:

Post a Comment