Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Christmas Card Candy



I had never heard of Card Candy until a friend, Diane AKA Cookiestamper suggested it as a swap for our recent Stamp & Swap Event.  Another swapper, Nancy said each piece of "candy" was like designing a card.  I think she was right but we all agreed we loved making them!  For the swap, we were to make 4 - 8 pieces placed in a 4X6 bag with a topper.  I did 5 & didn't have enough room on the front for all of my "candy" so I put the postage stamp on the back.

The "candy" is adhered to a 3 7/8" X 5 7/8" piece of acetate with glue dots, then placed in a 4X6 cello bag.  The "candy" will be easy to remove so either dimensionals or larger glue dots can be added. Of course they're so cute, I think I'll just collect them...LOL!

All the edges of the card stock & DSP were inked for a vintage look.


The topper's base is cut 4 1/8 X 4 1/8, scored & folded in half. The 4X4 top layer is die cut with the words & the DSP is adhered to the back.  I wanted access to the "candy" without ruining the topper so I used sticky strip to adhere the front of the topper to the front of the cello bag's flap.  To adhere the back of the topper, I removed the strip from the adhesive on the back of the bag & folded the back of the topper over the flap & onto the adhesive.  If anyone decides to use the "candy" they can slip the acetate in & out of the cello bag.




This was the 1st piece of "candy" I did.  The tag is cut to 2X4 then punched at the top.  The sentiment is heat embossed to give it a little sparkle.  It's embellished with rusty bells, ribbon & twine. 




Since this is Card Candy, I decided to add candy canes. Before I cut them out I used Glossy Accents to give them dimension & a little shine.  The mat is 2X4 & the top layer is 1/8 smaller. I cut 1 piece of the holly in half to make two sprigs then sprayed them for a little glimmer.


This is my favorite because of the "ornaments".  The mat is 2X4 & the next layer is 1/8 smaller.  First the half pearls are dyed with mushroom alcohol ink which will help tone the bright colors down for a vintage look.  Once they are dry, I put a few drops of each color alcohol ink (Aqua, Purple Twilight, Cranberry & Sunshine Yellow) in small paper cups to dye them. After they dried, I placed them on the tree (some may need a touch of glue).  The star tree topper was inked for a vintage look..



It seemed appropriate to have 25 on one of the "candies" so I decided to use Tim's December calendar.  Not only is the calendar inked but the edges are distressed too. I spritzed the entire piece of "candy" for a little sparkle then added a little bling.

                                                   


I wanted this "candy" to look  like someone was collecting stamps.  I fussy cut the stamp out & mounted it to the die cut, I separately stamped the post mark & the "envelope" with the post mark & lined them up before adhering together.  I then tore the post marked Stamp off the "envelope". 


TFL & hope you enjoyed reading about my Card Candy as much I did making them! 

SUPPLIES:
Card Stock:  SU Hunter Green, Crumb Cake, Real Red; Very Vanilla
DSP:  Tim Holtz 8X8 Yuletide Paper Stash, Echo Park Holly Berry; Cardboard
Ink:  Tim Holtz Frayed Burlap  Fired Brick  Forest Moss,  Tim Holtz Adirondack Alcohol Inks Mushroom, Cranberry, Aqua, Sunshine Yellow, Purple TwilightVersafine Black
Stamps:  Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Christmas NostalgiaTim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Scribbly ChristmasTim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Calendar 2 Set  SU Scentsational Seasons
Dies: -  Tim Holtz Alterations Holiday Greens, Tim Holtz Sizzix Movers & Shapers Mini Reindeer & 25,  Tim Holtz Sizzix Movers & Shapers Bottle Cap & StampSU Little Letters Die
Punches:  SU Tag Topper
Embossing Powder - Ranger Black Sparkle
Misc - Ranger Wonder Tape , Darice Rusty BellsRanger Perfect Pearls Biscotti  Ranger Glossy AccentsZva White Half PearlsTim Holtz Idea-ology Mirrors Stars , Tim Holtz Tonic Paper DistresserDimensionals Glue dots, Twine, Various EK Success Corner Rounder

No comments:

Post a Comment