Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Nobody Knows The Truffles I've Seen

This recipe card was for the April Recipe Card Club class at The Craft Shack.  I've been wanting to use this stamp set for a while & finally had the opportunity!  The best part was one of my BFFs, Mary Ann made the truffles so everyone in the class was able to taste test the recipe!!  I decided on a criss cross card & followed most of the instructions on Splitcoaststampers by Beate.  

The BASE is SU Very Vanilla.  Beate cut a 12 X 12 in half but since they don't sell 12X12 anymore (bummer) I used two pieces of 8 1/2 X 11.  I wanted to mat the base card so I cut them to 5 3/4 X 11 & scored at 5 3/4".  All scraps were used later in the project for the tag & images.

To make the FLAP, I measured up 2" on the short side & placed a tic mark.  On my cutter, I lined up the score line with the tic mark & cut.  The 5 3/4 X 5 3/4 sides were adhered together to form the back then placed on a 6 X 6 SU Early Espresso mat.

To make the PANELS, I measured the front flap & made a template. Using the template, I traced it on the back of the SU Springtime Vintage DSP.  Remember you need to flip the template because the flaps are opposites!     After cutting the DSP, it was adhered to the base.

The LACE is punched using the Martha Stewart Lacy Scallop Punch from the leftover 2 1/2 X 11 strip. I punched down both sides then trimmed each side to 1/2" wide.  Once it was adhered, I trimmed the ends at an angle.

For the TAG, I stamped the sentiment on Very Vanilla in Black VersaFine & punched it out using the SU Designer Label Punch.  I punched again using Early Espresso then cut it in half lengthwise to make the label mat.  I closed the flaps & attached the tag to the left flap using a 3D foam squares & to the right flap using a small Velcro dot.

For the IMAGES, I stamped Tillie (that's what I named her), the table & roses in Memento Tuxedo Black & the truffles on the recipe card & tag on VV in VersaFine from Scrap Lounge's Grammy's Truffles Stamp Set.  I used various colors of Copic markers to color them.  I used a color that matched the background DSP to color between the roses & the table legs so when I fussy cut them, I could just go around them & not worry about cutting between the small spaces.  The vase of roses was adhered to the table, then all of them were adhered to the DSP.
The RECIPE was printed on VV so you would just see the title & stamped truffles when the flaps were closed.  I used an inverted corner punch before adhering the recipe to the 5 1/2 X 5 1/2 piece of SU Springtime Vintage that was adhered to the base on the inside.

I used GLOSSY ACCENTS on the truffles, Tillie's glasses & roses to give them a little dimension.

Fun card.....TFL!!  

1 comment: