Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Monday, June 13, 2016

Happy Bee-day!

This month our group, the NEPA Gigglers will be celebrating 4 birthdays!  One of the girls, Laney has a honey bee business so I decided to make a punch art bee for her card.  I was inspired by a bee I saw on Pinterest by Barbara Roe.
The bee is made with SU punches:  Ornament - body; Large oval - black stripes & wings; 3/4" - head; I drew the antennas on with a marker.  I think the wings are too big & I should have used the a smaller oval punch.  I went over the wings with Clear Wink of Stella for a little shimmer.

The flowers are stamped using a mask & colored with Copic markers. For the centers I punched a 3/4" circle from double sided sticky paper then added Elizabeth Craft Fine Glitter & colored them with a Copic.

Very easy card...TFL!

Supplies:  SU Cardstock-Daffodil Delight, Whisper White, Basic Black, Velum; SU Stamps-Birthday Greetings, Petal Potpourri; Copics-Y02, Y06, Y08, Y19, Y35, Y38, YG95, E47 & E49;  SU Punches - Ornament, Large Oval, 3/4: Circle.  Ink-SU Basic Black, VersaFine Black, Memento Tuxedo BlackWink of Stella

No comments:

Post a Comment