Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Oh Bananas, Look Who's 50!

This is a snarky card (in a fun way) for a friend who recently had her 50th birthday!  Of course the occasion called for a little humor!
I've used the paper & stamps on cards before but never with partial die cutting.  The technique is in Jennifer McGuire's YouTube Video See Through Cards. In her video Jennifer cuts the card stock at one angle but my cut on the "5" fell at an odd place so I added another angle.  We also used this technique in a recent class at The Craft Shack & the girls loved it.

Jennifer is so creative!!



This is the snarky part...the inside sentiment!  She had a good laugh over it but she doesn't feel she needs to stop buying green bananas...yet!!  LOL!



TFL!
















Supplies:  Sweet 'n Sassy's "I've Got Your Number" Stamp & Die Set; DeNami Design Banana Stamp; Whipper Snapper Designs "Green Bananas Sentiment Stamp; SU Whisper White & Wild Wasabi CS; DSP Reminisce "Hangin' Around", VersaFine Black; Copic 100, G82, G85, Y32.

No comments:

Post a Comment