The SU Very Vanilla background is 3 3/8" X 2 3/8" & was placed vertically in Tim Holtz's plank texture fade & embossed. It was then inked using weathered wood & adhered to the 3 1/2" X 2 1/2" SU Baked Brown Sugar base.
The pot is a 3 1/4" X 2 1/4" piece of watercolor paper painted with antique linen. I put a small amount of mermaid lagoon, broken china & blueprint sketch paint on a craft sheet. Using Jennifer McGuire's Easy Distress Inking technique, I dipped my finger tips into the paints & tapped it onto the watercolor paper. Once dry I applied rock candy crackle paint for an aged effect.
Next I die cut an oval then trimmed 1/4" off one end. That end was lined up with the 1 1/2" line on my trimmer & cut. From the center of the left over, it's cut 1/4" for the lip of the pot. All the edges were inked with blueprint sketch then the 1/4" piece was adhered to the pot. To adhere the pot to the background I used small dimensionals along the edges of the bottom & sides only.
Petaloo flowers, I colored them using fossilized amber & carved pumpkin (not shown) spray stain. After spraying the stain on a craft sheet, they were spritzed with water. You can see in the photo that some of the stain is lighter as it pools up so depending where you pick up the stain with your brush the flowers will be lighter.
leaves were done the same way using peeled paint spray stain. The leaves & flowers were air dried for awhile then finished drying with a heat tool.