Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Friday, September 16, 2016

A Pot Full of Posies!

I love making different types of ATCs.  I designed this card for The Craft Shack's September ATC Club & the flowers can be removed from the pot to reveal a special message.

The SU Very Vanilla background is 3 3/8" X 2 3/8" & was placed vertically in Tim Holtz's plank texture fade & embossed.  It was then inked using weathered wood & adhered to the 3 1/2" X 2 1/2" SU Baked Brown Sugar base.
The pot is a 3 1/4" X 2 1/4" piece of watercolor paper painted with antique linen.  I put a small amount of mermaid lagoon, broken china & blueprint sketch paint on a craft sheet. Using Jennifer McGuire's Easy Distress Inking technique, I dipped my finger tips into the paints & tapped it onto the watercolor paper.  Once dry I applied rock candy crackle paint for an aged effect.



Next I die cut an oval then trimmed 1/4" off one end. That end was lined up with the 1 1/2" line on my trimmer & cut. From the center of the left over, it's cut 1/4" for the lip of the pot.  All the edges were inked with blueprint sketch then the 1/4" piece was adhered to the pot. To adhere the pot to the background I used small dimensionals along the edges of the bottom & sides only.

To stain the Petaloo flowers, I colored them using fossilized amber & carved pumpkin (not shown) spray stain.  After spraying the stain on a craft sheet, they were spritzed with water.  You can see in the photo that some of the stain is lighter as it pools up so depending where you pick up the stain with your brush the flowers will be lighter.




The leaves were done the same way using peeled paint spray stain. The leaves & flowers were air dried for awhile then finished drying with a heat tool.







The 2" X 1 1/2" SU Very Vanilla was insert into the pot so I would know how to arrange the leaves & flowers. First the leaves were adhered using glossy accents. Once dry the butterfly stick pin was woven through the card stock so the end of pin was at the back.  Double sided tape was used to adhere it to the 2 1/8" X 1 5/8" Baked Brown Sugar base.  It was slipped back into the pot & the flowers were added being careful not to adhere it to the main base of the ATC.  Once dry, the sentiment was stamped in Black Versafine.



Hope you enjoyed my project & Have A Great Day!


TFL!







.

No comments:

Post a Comment