I closely followed Tim's distress patina technique & it was the easiest part of the tag for me. I used cracked pistachio, peeled paint, mermaid lagoon, broken china & tarnished brass. Mine looks different because I didn't dragged it through the paint one way. I kind of dragged it then rubbed it around so I didn't get the "streaks" of color but thought it took on a patina look.
I also used the same paints on the alpha parts, key, arrow & gears.
On the right of the tag I added a vial label with a rub from botanical set.
alcohol ink resist technique was quite a challenge for me & it took several tries before I was happy. I have to say the yupo cardstock is really cool & I was pleasantly surprised that combining pitch black & mushroom alcohol inks together would turn such a beautiful color! I decided to use the car & several other stamps from Visual Artistry's Here and There set & the script from French Memories...don't know why I used that script stamp because I can't drive to Paris...LOL! Now this is where I had the problem. Once I stamped the images in black archival ink & wiped the ink off, it seemed to wipe away the details. I finally decided to wipe from the outer edge of the image inward & it seemed to work better. Around the small details I dabbed. I was surprised that I had less problem with the script. I really liked using the blending solution with the stencils & I used speckled, arrows & splatters. Another boo boo I made was forgetting to mat the yupo so I used a Sharpie marker to make it appear like it was matted.
At the top, I hung the key from various colors of jute string jute string with a loop pin & added a few gears.
Thanks for looking & I hope you enjoyed my version of Tim's tag!