Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Saturday, September 24, 2016

Susan's Happy Birthday Tag

At the September Giggler's birthday dinner we celebrated Susan's special day.  She loves everything Tim Holtz so I decided to make a tag instead of the traditional card.

I started by blending picked raspberry & abandoned coral on a #10 tag. Then the edges are distressed & inked with vintage photo.

Using candied apple ink, I stamped the September calendar towards the top left corner, the diamond pattern from Classic #3 stamp set across the bottom & portions of several images from Mixed Media stamp set randomly on the tag.

Happy birthday was stamped over the diamond pattern with peeled paint then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.

The crazy bird & balloon were stamped with black archival ink & I drew a "string" from the balloon to the crazy bird with a fine tip sharpie. Using my finger, I went over the bird with crazing medium so when I spritzed the tag with water the bird wouldn't have spots.

The "26" (which is Susan's birth date) was put on with embossing paste then inked with peeled paint after it dried.

Everything was going great until I decided I wanted to add some speckles & sparkle. It's hard to see but I sprayed it with Perfect Pearls Biscotti for the sparkle...OK so far. BUT then I spritzed it with picket fence spray stain & it came out in a big blob! I have a feeling the last time I used it I didn't clean the nozzle! Tim says to wipe them off plus when you spray, commit...don't do a half spray or you get big drops. No time to start over so I was lucky I was able to dab it off but that's why the center looks a tad white!

The gift was colored with Copics BV02, BV11 & R29. The party hat was colored using squeezed lemonade, abandoned coral & picked raspberry distress markers. Both were fussy cut out & adhered using liquid glue.

I was so happy my fluffy bow came out so well. I couldn't have accomplished this without the help of Frédérique Sleijpen-Mommers! Make sure you check out her fluffy bow tutorial...it is awesome! Using a loop pin I added a Christmas typed token "wish" (which is turned around in the photo...oops!).

Well that's it!  Hope you enjoyed!









No comments:

Post a Comment