Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Saturday, December 28, 2019

Hmmm...Smell the Cinnamon!

My mojo was pretty much gone for the December Recipe Card Class at The Craft Shack so Mary Ann & Lisa gave me a hand in designing the card.  This recipe was shared by our stamping friend, Karen at our annual stamping event.  They were delicious!
It's pretty basic except for the "cinnamon buns" at the bottom.  I wanted to place something on the recipe card that represented cinnamon buns so we used the Tim Holtz Peppermint Shifter Stencil.  I mixed Ranger Texture Paste with drops of Tim Holtz Walnut Stain Reinker then added cinnamon spice.  I didn't measure anything but kept experimenting until I got the color I wanted & a consistency to spread over the stencil.  We then sprinkled some chunky glitter like elements over it to represent the pecans.  After letting it air dry, the edges of the strip were inked & popped up.  And yes, you can smell the cinnamon...mission accomplished!!

The 3 layer base is SU Kraft, Cherry Cobbler & a Maja Design DSP.  The cook, from a retired My Favorite Things Stamps Set "What's Cooking", was colored with Copic markers, die cut with an oval, inked then popped up.  The natural twine bow was added with a glue dot.

We were happy how it turned out & the smell makes you hungry!!

TFL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment