Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Monday, December 16, 2019

Watch Out For Spiders

Judy, Lisa & I had a good time designing this recipe card for a class at The Craft Shack.  Judy had the recipe & it was perfect for our October class & I made them as a treat for the class.

Starting with SU Pumpkin Pie CS cut to 5 3/4" X 5 3/4, the spider web was stamped with embossing ink then heat embossed with silver sparkle enbossing powder.  The edges of the CS were distressed with black soot ink.  It was then adhered to black CS cut 6 X 6.

Using a stamping platform tool, the trick or treaters were stamped with jet black archival ink.  Using a stamping platform is the only way to go because you can re-stamp it if you don't get a good image.

The tree & ghost house were die cut from black CS.  Lisa added several elements to the back of the ghost house including cheesecloth & yellow CS in the windows plus purple CS for the front door with a black dot for the door knob!  The smoke coming from the chimney was cut from vellum then inked with hickory smoke & adhered with a glue dot.  The ghost house was popped with dimensionals.  Two trees were stacked together & adhered using a fine point glue pen.

The recipe was torn then sponged around the edges with black soot & adhered to the pumpkin pie layer.  The spider was stamped in black soot over the spider web & recipe.  It needed a little sparkle so a red dot was added to the spider.

Below is a photo of the cupcakes & not only were they delicious but fun to make too!


No comments:

Post a Comment