Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Happy Birthday to Mr Fix-It

I recently attend another stamping event & joined the punch art swap which was a full card. April is a busy month for me so I was going to keep it simple so I turned to Pinterest & was inspired by Jessica Lewis's card.  I decided to make the wrenches for a masculine birthday card & kept adding to it.  In the end I'm glad I took the time to add the details.


The shapes are all from SU punches in SU Brushed Silver CS:
  • I used the Window punch first then the 1" circle;
  • From the Itty Bitty Punch Pack I punched the flower then the 3/4" punch;
  • The handle is cut 3/4" X 2 1/2" with the trimmer; 
  • I used the flower for the top of the "bolts" & popped one up inside the wrench with a dimensional;
  • I used the Washi Tape punch for "bolt" & cut a small piece for the head. I used my tweezers & ruler to scribe the threads & lines on the bolt head.
I just love the sentiment which is from LittleB's Handwritten Die Set in SU Basic Black. It's on a panel of SU Brushed Silver embossed using to Sizzix Diamond Plate EF.  The card base is SU Going Gray & layered with Real Red.

A very fun card to make!  TFL!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment