Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Two-tone & Rainbow Stamping Techniques

Hi everyone!  As the proud owner of a Mini Misti by My Sweet Petunia from The Craft Shack & a Jennifer McGuire fan (no relation) we decided to combine the 2 for the monthly technique classes at TCS.  Jennifer has several videos out using her Misti with different techniques so we decided to do Two-tone stamping & rainbow stamping.
This card was done to showcase two-tone stamping using the Party Balloons stamp set by My Favorite Things. Very simple technique using 2 colors.  Stamp the 1st color, & clean the stamp but DO NOT move it.  Select a 2nd color, ink the stamp, before stamping blot off some of the color using a tissue then stamp over top of the same image. This will create a shadow effect.  You can use the same shades of color or mix color families!  So many possibilities!

The best part of using this technique with the Misti (or really any stamping) is if you didn't get a solid image you can re-ink & stamp again!

"happy birthday" is cut from LittleB Handwritten Die Set which has 18 pieces!  I used various colors of Altenew Ink Cubes.  Love the cubes!


This card was done using the rainbow stamping technique (the balloon is two-tone stamping) with "happy" & "birthday" from the same MFT stamp set.  I used 3 colors but you could use 2 or as many as you want.  Start by placing the mask on the stamp at a diagonal, apply ink, remove the mask & stamp. Clean the stamp between each ink. Then mask the stamped area on the CS (leave a little exposed for blending), leave a white space for the 2nd color & mask the area where the 3rd color will go at a diagonal. Ink stamp with 2nd color, stamp, clean stamp. Mask 1st & 2nd stamped areas (again leaving a little exposed for blending), ink 3rd color & stamp!  Voila!!  There are so many possibilities with this technique.


The class had a chance to practice then make 6 X 6 technique cards with a sample & written instructions for future reference.  Then they made 2 cards using the techniques.






Both cards were done on white card stock & the cardbase is SU Pacific Point.

Hope you enjoyed my cards & TFL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment