Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Tim Holtz Workshop Project

A few weeks ago I was lucky enough to be invited by my BFF, Lisa Brown to attend the Collins Group Annual Trade Show.  It was the first time we attended  the 5 day event which was packed with workshops with many of the top vendors.  I have to say my favorite is Tim Holtz!  He's such an awesome teacher...he makes everyone feel so relaxed with his humorous style plus he has wonderful projects that are done when you leave class! The only drawback was we couldn't attend the class together but at least we both had a great experience!!

We put a framed collage together using different techniques & elements.  We were able to chose a photo from Found Relatives, different pieces of ephemera & make a word from the letterpress letters.

I chose the 2 girls (of course they represent Lisa & me.) & decided on the word "create" since that's what we do at The Craft Shack!

The icing on the cake was all the goodies we came home with!


Tim always has time for photos with his fans!!  Mario was busy so I didn't get a photo with him this time.









Tim also autographed my Craft Shack apron!  I attended other cool workshops with Dina Wakley, Dyan Reaveley & Ken Oliver who also signed it.  PLUS I got Mario's signature at the make & take!












This was Tim's make 'n take we did Friday night! Very neat project that could be used to hold a place card for a dinner or wedding.

TFL!

No comments:

Post a Comment