Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Pocket Full of Wishes

This card was my shoebox project for another Splitcoaststampers event I attended yesterday.  I was inspired by a card I had found while browsing Pinterest that was done by Bailmac & posted on SCS.  I needed to make 2 complete cards & 28 kits so our projects needed to be simple.  It was a busy day of stamping, swaps & food. These events are so much fun...seeing old friends & meeting new ones!


On white CS, "Pocket of Flowers” by Great Impressions was stamped at the top in Memento Tuxedo Black then colored using Copics (jeans B97; leaves YG03; flowers YR09 & R02).  I used C3 all the way around to create a shadow.






I punched the SU Slit punch twice by going in from each side, lining it up with the bottom edge & pushing in as far as the punch would reach. That still left room between the slits for the sentiment, "Pocket Full of Wishes" by Great Impressions, to be stamped in VersaFine Onyx Black.  The ribbon (don't know where I got it) is woven between the slits before adhering the white CS to the SU Tangerine Tango CS.  Once the 2 are together, the ribbon was centered in the slits then taped to the back.  

To finish it off, the card front was adhered to the SU Wild Wasabi card base with a little bling added to the center of the flowers.

Fun project & it was fast too!  TFL!

1 comment:

  1. Where did you get the stamp set? I love the card and I really love the stamps!

    ReplyDelete