Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Sunday, November 27, 2016

Birthday Quilt

This birthday card was for one of the Giggler's, Renee'.  She loves to quilt & works in a quilt shop so how could I not make her a quilt card?

I started with a SU Very Vanilla mat embossed using We R Memory Keepers Quilted Embossing Folder then adhered it to the SU Marina Mist card base  The Papertrey Ink Quilters Sampler Stamp Set squares are individual stamps so I positioned them on my Misti so I could re-stamp if necessary.  They were inked with SU Marina Mist, Wild Wasabi & Regal Rose markers, lightly spritzed with water & stamped on watercolor paper.  Once the quilt squares were matted, I popped it up with thin dimensionals.  I used Impression Obsession Birthday Top Edgers Die for the sentiment...I love these cute dies (& they're perfect for the pop-up box cards)!  After matting the die cut, it was popped up with thin dimensionals too. 

I love doing quilt cards & hope you enjoyed my project!  TFL!


No comments:

Post a Comment