Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Monday, November 7, 2016

Christmas Card Candy

Another swap for our Jingle All The Way SCS Event, was Christmas Card Candy.  I'm fascinated with card candy & seem to collect them instead of using them...LOL!  Only 6 participated this year so it wasn't bad at all  For each one I made 6 pieces plus a topper.


This sentiment is from the SU Christmas Punch Set & stamped in VersaMark, heat embossed with Ranger Red Tinsel EP (it's really sparkles) then punched using the SU Extra Large Oval.  It was popped up on the Mossy Meadow mat which was punched using the SU Decorative Label.




I felt I needed to use at least one jingle bell which is from SU Jolly Bingo Bits set.  The stamp was colored with SU Cherry Cobble & Smoky Slate markers then embossed with WOW Embossing Powder.  Punched using SU 1" circle then popped up on a mat punched from SU Cherry Cobbler with a 1/4" scalloped circle.






This sentiment is from SU Tags Til Christmas & was stamped in Mossy Meadow then heat embossing with WOW Clear EP. Once trimmed it was matted on Mossy Meadow CS punched with SU 1" punch.  It was then popped up on a SU Cherry Cobbler mat which was punched using a SU 1 1/4" square scalloped oval.






This stamp is from SU Christmas Punch set, colored with SU Mossy Meadow & Cherry Cobbler markers.  Punched using SU Scalloped Oval.  The center of the poinsettia was colored using a Gelly Roll Gold Star Pen.  The Cherry Cobbler mat is punched from the SU Oval Punch.  The sentiment is popped up also.




This is my favorite!  The stamp is from SU Tags Til Christmas set & inked using SU Cherry Cobbler, Mossy Meadow & Soft Suede markers then embossed with WOW Clear EP.  It was cut out using SU Decorative Label Punch.  I used the same punch in Mossy Meadow which is cut in half & adhered to the back using white 3D foam squares.  I punched another white piece & placed in on the back to cover the gap of the cut piece.


This image is from the Tags Til Christmas set & stamped in Mossy Meadow then cut out by hand then then edges are sponged.  It's popped up on SU 7/8" oval punched Cherry Cobbler.  The red berries are colored using a Gelly Roll Red Star pen.







Once complete I cut a piece of acetate 4X6 & adhered the pieces using mini glue dots then placed them into a cello bag.  The topper was printed from Word on white CS, matted in Cherry Cobbler which is 4 X 6 & scored at 2" scored so it folds over the back.  Using glue dots, I added Candi Dots from Craftworkscard in each corner.  It's attached to the cello bag using the sticky envelope flap & sticky strip  so you can access the card candy without taking the topper off.

Really had a lot of fun making these!!  TFL!

No comments:

Post a Comment