Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Monday, November 7, 2016

Jingle All The Way

The theme of our 2nd SCS Event is "Jingle All The Way" so I decided to use it in my ATC. There are 10 people in the swap so it wasn't too bad making them.


The cardstock is SU Cherry Cobbler cut 3 1/2 X 2 1/2, Night of Navy & Basic Black cut 3 3/8 X 2 3/8.  The free printable Jingle Bell music was resized to 3 1/2 X 2 1/2, printed on SU Whisper White CS & trimmed to fit the black.

The sentiment from SU's Jingle All the Way set was done in 2 steps using my mini misti because it is one stamp & I could bear cutting it in half.  I inked "jingle" with a Versamark pen, embossed it in WOW White EP then moved the stamp & repeated the step with "all the way".  Even though I did "jingle" for all 10 then moved onto "all the way", it was still a little time consuming but I like the look plus then the stamp fit portrait style.

I placed the sheet music over the black CS leaving enough room for the sleigh & horse from SU's Sleigh Ride Edgelit at the top.  After die cutting, I used the impression left by the die on the sheet music as a guide to hand trim it to match the curve of the cut.  I distressed around the edges of the music with frayed burlap ink.

I sprayed the Night of Navy & Basic Black layers with Ttsukineko Shimmer Frost & Sparkle Spritz for a snowy effect.  After adhering the music to the black, I trimmed off the bottom after the 3rd line of the sheet music. After that layer was adhered to the navy, I wound natural twine thread around it & tied on a rusty bell before adhering it to the base.

Hope you enjoyed my ATC swap project!  TFL!

No comments:

Post a Comment