Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Saturday, November 5, 2016

Christmas Gift Card Holder

Another swap for our Jingle All The Way SCS Event is a Christmas Gift Card Holder.  I found several designs on Pinterest but decided to do one I saw by Tara Bazata using an envelope.  I did make a couple of changes but the basics are the same.


I started with a SU Crumb Cake Envelope, folded it in half & used a bone folder to make a crisp crease. Using a trimmer, I cut half the flap off then adhered the other side down.
I made three panels using SU Mossy Meadow CS cut 2 11/16 X 4 1/4 for the base; two with DSP from SU Home for Christmas & one in SU Crumb Cake cut 2 1/2 X 4.
To add the Real Red Holly Berry Bouquet Button, I measured up 3/4 from the bottom in the middle using my Tim Holtz ruler then punched a small hole.
I cut 11" of jute thread & put it through the button & tied it at the back.  The thread was pulled through the hole in the panel & scotch tape to holds it in place.  I placed 1/2" Scor-tape on the back of the panel.
The front panel has "To" & "From" from SU Old Fashioned Christmas set & a pine bough from SU Christmas Punch set stamped in SU Mossy Meadow on the SU Crumb Cake.  The jute thread was taped down & this panel was adhered over top of the jute using Scor-tape.



The last panel was adhered on the inside over the envelope flap that was adhered down. I make one mistake on the next part. I had stamped the sentiment on the envelope but I didn't like the direction so I cut another panel of Mossy Meadow 2 11/16 X 3 1/2 then added a piece of Crumb Cake cut 2 1/2 X 3 1/4. I then stamped the sentiment from SU Wishing You Cherry in Real Red Ink. This boo boo made the card a little thicker than I wanted it to be but oh well. As you can see the gift card slips into the envelope!

I made a small tag using a stamp from SU Christmas Punch set. It was inked with Mossy Meadow then I wiped the poinsettia leaves off & inked them with a Real Red marker. Once dry, I used a Gold Star Gelly Roll pen on the center & Clear Wink of Stella on the leaves. It was punched out using a SU Medium Scallop Punch. & adhered with mono adhesive. The thread is long enough to wrap around the button to keep it closed.

Maybe it's a little elaborate for a gift card but it sure is pretty!! TFL!





 


No comments:

Post a Comment