Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Sunday, November 6, 2016

Noel Wall Hanging

This is a wall hanging I made for a gift swap I was in yesterday at our SCS Event.  The gift was to be something related to stamping & of course handmade is always the best.  We had so many great gifts & played a cute Christmas left/right game for the swap.

I started with 4X4 pieces of 4 different patterns from Tim Holtz Idea-olgy Yuletide 8x8-paper pack & adhered them to a 4X4 coaster using Tombow Liquid Glue.  Once dry, I rounded the corners of the paper then distressed the edges with frayed burlap ink.

To make the holes, I measured using Tim Holtz ruler (the best thing since sliced bread) & punched with the bigger side on my crop-a-dile.

The capital letters are cut in SU Cherry Cobbler & Forrest Moss using the Cricut Winter Woodlands Cartridge & popped up with 3d foam squares.

I used items from Tim Holtz's idea-ology to embellish - a lot of pieces from a pack of festive ephemera, a typed Christmas token with a hex fastener, a sticker from occasions small talk, a jingle brad, mirrored stars, frozen snowflakes & snowflakes from gilded holidays remnant rubs.

It's finished with olive green ribbon with a bow tied at the top.

This was a fun easy project & I know I'll be making more of them.



















No comments:

Post a Comment