Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Sunday, November 27, 2016

Forty!

My baby boy turned 40 a few days ago & believe it or not he was excited.  I saw this card by Fizzi-jayne makes on Pinterest & was inspired to make one for him.

I started by printing the sentiment from Word & cutting the CS to 5 X 3 3/4.  Each number was cut twice, offset, glued together, then popped up.  Once the sheet of Scrabble letters was printed, I roughly cut them out, glued them to chipboard then trimmed them off.  I also lightly sanded & inked the edges before adding them to the card front using thin dimensionals.

It was a fun little birthday card to make!  TFL!


Cardstock:  SU Basic Black, Pacific Point & Whisper White
Die:  Sweet 'n Sassy Numbers Die

1 comment: