Many years ago, my sister (-in-law), Judy, Retired2stamp, invited me to a Stampin' Up Party. I was drawn to the 6X6 recipe card swap our local group was doing and had wanted to scrapbook too. I wasn't really interested in card making because I had witnessed my brother (in-law) Ed fold up a handmade card and put it in his pocket. I almost fainted and I didn't even make the card. But after a few parties, I was hooked and now make more cards than I had ever thought I would. My most recent passions are ATCs, tags & altered art. As you look through my blog I hope you can see how I've grown in my crafting ability!

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Grateful - Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of 2016 Technique Remix - November 2016

Last night my friends & I got together at The Craft Shack to do Tim's November tag.  I thought it was going to be a quick one but there were a lot of steps & we loved doing every one of them!! 

After reading over both techniques, I decided to start with Technique 2 - Dimensional Coloring which is from November 2015  I thought it would be easier to make the additions to the tag first so we'd know where to place the rubs.  The maple leaf is from Autumn Blueprints stamp set using distress markers (rusty hinge, wild honey, fired brick, candied apple & carved pumpkin).  I blended the colors a bit too much so you wouldn't think I use that many colors but I do love how it turned out! Because I have a wonderful life, I decided to use the word "grateful" die cut with Tim's 1" Alpha/Numeric die set (love all the letters this set has)!  I used a #10 manila tag & the word was a little wider than the tag but I think it adds some nice dimension.  It's held on the corrugated with the smaller hex fasteners. 

Technique #1 Remnant Rub Resist is from May 2013 & is something I'll definitely do on future projects.  I used botanical remnant rubs & peeled paint, dusty concord, victorian velvet, fossilized amber & carved pumpkin stains.

I tied a dark red jute from my stash onto a quote band & added it using my tiny attacher.  I used carved pumpkin, candied apple & peeled paint stains on the crinkle ribbon & I kinda of "muddied" it up but it does look like fall. 

Only one more tag left this year & I can't wait to see what Tim has in store for us!  TFL! 

1 comment: